Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sea to Summit Hanging Toiletry Bag Review



Sea to Summit Hanging toiletry bag - Small


Review:

I had no idea what I was going to do about my toiletries. Everything I had seen was too bulky or unusable. So I was going to go really simple and light, ziplocks and shopping bags.

Bouncing around on the internet I came across the Sea to Summit Hanging Toiletry Bag recommended for travelers. It looked interesting, but I couldn’t find many reviews and all the pictures I could find were just of the much larger size. I went back and forth for a while on buying it. No good pictures, no comments on size or weight. I really don’t like buying what I havent gotten a feel for. But I ordered it because I had a good feeling about it.

When I first recieved the box in the mail I opened it up, pulled the packaging out and thought, “Oh No… its way to heavy.” Disappointed, I opened it up, pulled the bag out and was quite surprised to find that the packaging was most of the weight. Cool!





I flipped the thing around in my hand quickly a couple times, perfect size, good weight, good material. I opened the zippers, solid zippers.

This thing has Pockets!

Two big pockets at the bottom with mesh lining, and two much smaller pockets at the top, with zippers and stretchy mesh. The 2 big mesh pockets at the bottom have a small clip that allows the bag to better support heavier weight. There is another pocket out back that is semi-sealed in nylon (no mesh).





 There is also a HUGE stash spot pocket that is not fully intentional. Its not the greatest pocket at all, it has a small opening and a deep cavity. I see no use for it myself, but someone else might.The bag is also soft sided so any extra space can be crushed down to make the whole thing smaller.





And the best part about it, it hangs! You don’t have to lay your toiletries on nasty sinks any longer. Keep them away from the yuck by hanging it from the shower head, towel rack, hook or light fixture. If you do need to put it down somewhere less than clean, the bag is made with an easy to clean nylon shell that will keep the funk off your toothbrush.

This is a great product from a good company. Solid construction. Only thing I would change is a larger hook, and make it stronger. The current hook is pretty small and made of plastic, it won’t go around a large towel rack, shower curtain rod or door handle. I might make a larger one before I go.

Rating: 9/10

Weight: 2.8 oz

Price: $29.99

Where to buy: Moosejaw.com Good small company, shipped for free and their website and catalog are funny.

Dimensions: 8.9in x 6.1in x 3in





3 comments:

Cyberseraph said...

Thanks for this great review! The regular toiletry bags are too big or inconvenient. Will probably get one of those for my next trip. Suggestion: Before you leave for your next big trip, you could make an article with a list of the complete equipment you are taking with you.

Matt said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will defiantly write a blog before I go that will cover what is in my bag and why I chose each item to take. I am also working on a review of all my gear to help others that might be interested in the same trip and need some advise.

Canvas bags said...

I had seen was too bulky or unusable. So I was going to go really simple and light, ziplocks and shopping bags.