Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tumbleweed


Where are you going [first] and how long will you be gone for?

The best answer is, I really don’t know. The beauty of all this is I have no plan, no agenda, just go where the wind takes me, much like a tumbleweed.

My original "plan" had been to visit Guatemala first. I spent a day and a half driving through the beautiful country a few months ago and since then I have been wanting to return to see more. The people were friendly and always smiling, food and lodging was cheap and the scenery was incredible. To top it off, there is a very rich history there. It seamed like the perfect way to begin my trip.

However, an old friend who now lives in Alaska just invited me up to visit her and even offered to loan me her car for the stay. Much like every good opportunity that I will be presented with, I believe this is now where my trip will take me. August will be a great time to visit Alaska and explore and getting there will be another fun adventure that I am looking forward to. Easiest way would be to fly, but where is the fun in that (besides getting felt up by the TSA).

After Alaska? Who knows… starting to see the theme? I want to go everywhere and see everything. I have no checklist to cross off, just follow my heart to the next destination.

My timeline is also completely undecided. I suppose it all depends on how much fun I am having and how far my savings takes me. I could travel until I run out of money or I could find a place that I fall in love with and decide to stay for a while and get a job. Maybe I will get tired of the lifestyle after a couple of  weeks and come crawling home, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.


No comments: